Yossi Sivan Law Firm offers a comprehensive range of intellectual property law services that encompass various aspects such as anti-counterfeiting, trademarks, copyrights, designs, patents, trade secrets, and internet and new media law. We fully understand that your intellectual property is a vital and valuable asset, which is why we prioritize it by providing personalized attention to protect and enforce your rights in Israel.
Our firm recognizes the challenges associated with monitoring and safeguarding your brands and goodwill internationally. We pride ourselves on maintaining a unique and close relationship with our clients, which enables us to provide timely and precise responses while paying attention to every detail.
Our client base comprises both domestic and international commercial and private companies across various industries. These include but are not limited to fashion, advertising, entertainment, oil exploration, baby bag design and manufacturing, computers, international branding, internet, music and entertainment, and premium tea companies.
In addition to our expertise, our firm offers several competitive advantages, including:
Availability: We maintain a close and unique relationship with our clients and commit to the highest degree of availability. We provide quick, responsible and accurate responses to any request and pay close attention to every detail. We handle all of your intellectual property rights in a personal manner.
Fierce and Constant Protection: We monitor our clients’ brands by hiring agents to regularly check the local markets and retail stores for counterfeit goods. If our client’s brand is challenged, we advise immediately with the proper course of action to stop the infringement. If needed, we will even provide you with a detailed monthly report of counterfeit goods in the Israeli market. We operate aggressive and efficient, litigation to enforce your intellectual property rights.
Efficiency: We always have our clients’ interests in mind, continuously striving for their success. We have a thorough understanding of our clients’ business needs and aim to provide the most efficient, cost-effective legal solution. We will only advise clients to commence legal proceedings if they’re are cost effective and in the client’s best interests.
Focus on Client Service: We understand the needs and difficulties of our overseas clients in monitoring and protecting their intellectual property rights from abroad. Therefore we tailor our services to each and every client according to their specific needs. We focus on client service and strive to develop beneficial relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
We are always available to assist you.
Important Cases – IP Litigation
- Successfully represented an Israeli fashion company in a case of passing off against local importers. The District Court of Tel Aviv issued a temporary injunction against the importers and the case was settled in favor of the plaintiff, with a permanent injunction being granted along with compensation of approximately 150,000 NIS. The importer was also ordered to collect all the merchandise from all the stores around the country. READ MORE
- Represented a famous tea company against the largest tea company in Israel, in a trademark infringement case. The Tel Aviv District Court issued an injunction in which the defendants were ordered to change their brand and visual appearance of the products. READ MORE
- Successfully represented a well-known baby bag company against Philips – Avent in a passing off case at the Tel Aviv District Court. READ MORE
- Attorney Sivan was appointed by court as a Receiver in a high-profile trade secrets case in which an Anton Piller order was executed by the firm READ MORE
- Attorney Sivan was appointed by the court as a Receiver in a high-profile trademark and passing off case in which an Anton Piller order was executed by the firm, searching and enforcing IP rights at the private locations of some of the biggest baby toy chains in Israel.
- Represented successfully one very famous international fashion brand in a trademark and passing off case. READ MORE
- Successfully represented a unique case of a local parallel importer against – Stokke strollers company (a Norwegian company). Does a manufacturer of baby strollers have any legitimate interest to prevent the removing of serial numbers from parallel import products? This question recently came up in this very unique case. The Central District Court denied the motion for the temporary injunction and ruled that allegedly there is no misleading of the consumer and that the consumer is aware he is purchasing a parallel imported stroller. READ MORE
- Successfully represented an eBay supplier in a parallel export case, in which a temporary injunction case was denied in favor of the client. The question that was raised in this proceeding was whether an Israeli cosmetic manufacturer can prevent an eBay store to sell its cosmetics. READ MORE
- Successfully represented a foreign brand owner in a trademark Opposition case. In this case, a very important decision of the Israeli Intellectual Property Commissioner enabled a Nederland company to manage a trademark Opposition against a local applicant without posting a guarantee. READ MORE